Novel Coronavirus (COVID - 19)
COVID-19 testing for First Responders
Premier Medical Laboratory Services is proud to provide COVID-19 testing to First Responders at no charge!
This testing will be available to first responders, listed below, who believe they have been exposed to the virus, but do not otherwise meet current testing criteria:
- Law Enforcement Officers
PMLS is working with healthcare providers across the state to provide access to additional collection sites and will provide that information as it becomes available.
- Notify your medical healthcare provider that you would like to have the testing performed by Premier Medical Laboratory Services and ask if they will order and collect the test for you.
- Either you or your provider will complete and print the requisition form that will download after completing the form below. Please ensure that all fields are completed.
- Your healthcare provider will collect the specimen and send the completed requisition form to Premier Medical Laboratory Services for processing. See packaging and shipping instructions.
- PMLS will set up an account for your provider and give them access to the online results portal.
- Once testing is completed, your provider will pull your results from our online portal and communicate them to you.
Packaging and Shipping Instructions
- Sample should be placed in a biohazard bag, with the completed requisition in the exterior pouch.
- Sample should be refrigerated until shipping; sample should be shipped to the laboratory the same day it is collected.
- Samples should be shipped on ice.
- Samples should be sent overnight or by courier to:
Premier Medical Laboratory Services
6000A Pelham Road
Greenville, SC 29615
If you are a first responder that would like a test fill the form out below to get started.
We apologize, but we have reached our capacity for COVID-19 tests for the day. We set aside a certain number of tests to ensure the safety and health of the first responders in our community, but we must balance this with our capacity to perform these tests on patients. Please check back earlier tomorrow and submit a form.
We are committed to helping physicians provide the best care to their patients. Every day we strive to keep this commitment and to be the industry leader. We are committed to a tradition of excellence and will exemplify the highest standards of integrity, honesty, and ethical conduct in all we do. We believe our success depends upon our ability to listen and appropriately respond to the clients we serve. We invite you to give us the opportunity to develop a lasting and meaningful relationship.